What is STEPS?
We are inviting our member hotels to participate, free of charge, in a new sustainable management endorsement initiative brought forth by our PRHTA Conservation Committee called STEPS (Sustainable Tourism and Environmental Performance Stewardship).
STEPS consist of assessment and auditing instruments based on relevant management criteria for environmentally responsible performance; a curriculum focused on best practices and associated references and data for benchmarking.
STEPS will enable hotels and associated tourism operations to take the actions necessary to green their operations in a consistent, documented and verifiable format.
This sustainable tourism and environmental endorsement, renewable every year, provides continuity to green best practices and the commitment of the hotels for the long term. Benefits for joining this program include:
- Endorsement (recognition for joining the program)
- The hotels will be listed on the PRHTA website page as STEPS Endorsed Properties
- Be a member of the PRHTA Environment Committee
- A minimum of two educational seminars a year
- The rights to participate in the PRHTA's Green Hotels Award competition
- The program is FREE and Voluntary
- Supporting the conservation of our natural resources
- Save money by implementing sustainable practices
- The use of the STEPS logo to promote sustainable practices
In order to get endorsed you need to complete the application below and a questionnaire of guidelines that will be sent once participation is confirmed. An evaluation visit will be coordinated so we need your property to assign a contact person for the program.
We hope you take advantage of this endorsement and take our industry to GREENer pastures.
Coming soon we will offer this endorsement initiative to our Restaurant Members!
STEPS Endorsed Properties:
Casa Sol Bed and Breakfast
Combate Beach Resort
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort
El Conquistador Resort & Spa
Parador Palmas de Lucia
Parador Costa del Mar
Parador Mauna Caribe
Blue Horizon Boutique Resort
Hix Island House
Parador Guanica 1929
Cogratulations to 2016 Green Hotels of the Year!
Large Green Hotel of the Year: The Ritz Carlton San Juan Hotel Spa & Casino
Small Green Hotel of the Year (tie): Rainforest Inn
Most Improved Hotel - Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino